Black Forest Cake
You can create this delicious masterpiece using our Supreme Chocolate Cake. Impressive to look at yet easy to bake, our Black Forest Cake is a modern twist on a classic favourite.
1 pack Green’s Supreme Chocolate Cake
¾ cup (200mL) milk
3 tablespoons (60g) soft butter
1 x 20cm x 7cm round cake pan
1 x 300mL thickened cream
1 x 680g Coles Pitted Morello Cherries in syrup, drained. Reserve syrup for drizzling over baked cake.
5 tablespoons (100g) soft butter
1 ½ tablespoons (30mL) milk
1 tablespoon (20mL) hot water
Fresh cherries, to decorate
1. Prepare Green’s Supreme Chocolate Cake as per pack directions. Set aside to cool. Do not ice.
2. Using a serrated knife, cut cooled cake into three even layers. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add thickened cream. Using an electric mixer, beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
4. Place base of cake onto serving plate. Drizzle a small amount of Morello Cherry syrup over the top of cake. Cake should not be saturated, only slightly moist. Spread half of the thickened cream over the top, spreading out to the sides of the cake. Add whole morello cherries on top of the cream, pushing them down so half of the cherry is under the cream. Top with middle cake layer and repeat process with syrup, cream and cherries. Add the top of the cake and set aside.
5. In a small mixing bowl add icing mix, soft butter and milk. With an electric mixer, mix on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add in hot water and fold through with a spatula to achieve a glossy icing.
6. Spread icing over the top of the cake, to the edges.